Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finally Friendly!

About 4 years ago When I was working at my first job I found a big 'ole bucket these flat, colorful, shiny sticks. Needless to say I was intrigued! The bucket read "Friendly Plastics" so I googled it. Thats Where I found tons of pictures of beautiful jewelry and pendants made of this stuff! I was seduced, so I asked for them for christmas! I think it was my little brother who ended up giving me a gift certificate to sunshine crafts to pick out my order.


I didn't get very far with them at first because 1. I didn't have a book on how to create and 2. They are kind of pricey, so I was afraid of messing up! However I eventually came across some videos created by Linda Peterson who has a few tutorials on friendly plastics projects! She so great!






Seeing her work and learning different techniques with friendly plastics really inspired me to get on it! Anyways, today is the day that I have made my first beautiful sellable piece and I am so proud of the way it turned out


It looks a lot lot lot nicer in person, I'm still having trouble making my mom's camera capture my art properly

No comments:

Post a Comment