Monday, May 30, 2011

About my Collage Handbags

Good Lord, do I love making these!!!!!

So far i've made about six of these, so I feel like i'm pretty qualified to build upon Cindy W's tutorial and give you guys some tips! 

  • The hardest part is sewing the round edges. This might help:
  •               
           
    1. draw your corner on cardboard and cut out


      2. trace your corner on the side of the collage that will be the inside of the handbag on the right and left top corners
            You might also want to use a straight edge to draw some sewing guidelines for putting it all together as well. 
  • Don't put your stitches too closely together
    • When they're finished, they are really durable, but if your stitches are too close together you can rip the paper and the sheet protector!
  • For extra durability, sew on another sheet protector. I find that the best way to do this is to first put your piece in one sheet protector, sew one side to keep it all together and cut off the excess sheet protector on the side, so you can fit it all nicely into another sheet protector
  • If you want to put a button on:
    • fold your bag the way you want it, decide where to put your button. BEFORE SEWING IT CLOSED use a needle to poke two holes about 1mm apart. Use stretchy string to secure your button on the bag because it puts less stress on the material than sewing it on would!
What I've been Selling:
High Fashion/ Mod Inspired Black, White, and Red Handbag





Just Another Typical Colorful Sarah Piece (it's bright colors)






Lisa Frank Stickers Clutch!




This one is my new favorite. I'm selling it for more than the others on ebay because
1. I used a lot of Lisa Frank Stickers that are both pricey and rare
2. If someone finds it  and is as much of a Lisa Frank fan as me, It will be worth their money
3. I just love it and can't part with it for more than 10!!


1 comment: