Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dissapoint and Arranging

I am disappoint :(
I know that I need a reliable job this summer, I swear to god that I wholly understand this. I am going to do everything in my power to try to find one. These things are true. This does not mean that I can't attempt to make money off of my blog and off selling my crafts though. 

Why so glum Sarah?
I called my mom the other night to try to figure out how much money I need and to quell her concern over this matter, and the second I mentioned trying to make and sell my art, she immediately reminds me that this is not a reliable income and although it would be great if I could do this that I need to find a job. This really hurt me because 
1. I've been trying to apply everywhere and anywhere and I feel like she doesn't recognize this
2. She recognized that I was serious about trying to make money via my blog and pretty much shot it down right away in favor of other means of income

I just wish she'd take a more positive perspective on this venture, maybe realize that it is secondary, but I might be able to actually succeed. I'm just going to have to work my ass off this summer juggling finding a job and doing this. 

In other news: I am coming home (CT home) tonight and I've had this layout in my head of how I can rearrange my room to be more conducive to crafting. I have to box up some stuff and store it first, but once that happens I will have a few different little tables dedicated to different types of crafts. Ie: one for beading, one for painting, one for sewing. This way I can go back and forth between different media and not waste time setting up and cleaning up. I think it will be really pleasant! I will post pictures later!


1 comment:

  1. Cheer up buttercup. Whether your mom says you should or shouldn't doesn't mean you can't try. 頑張って!

    ReplyDelete