Sunday, May 15, 2011

Made room for crafting!!!!

In the steps of Yvonne, (the Case family's housekeeper) I "bullrushed" through rearranging my room. I moved my 2 shelves, my full bed, and 2 tables in 40 minutes. I wanted to have a good portion of my room designated for my creativity. I've dedicated a whole shelf to just supplies as well as 3 tables for different types of projects. Come on in!

This is a view of the bulk of my room. For our first stop we will go to the light brown wood table to the bottom left of the picture which is....

my drawing and painting table!!!!
not too exciting now because all of my other craft stuff is at Hilda's (I will retrieve it tomorrow) but note the paints, my sister got me a t-shirt painting kit that I forgot about and I will be starting my shoe painting project with these paints until I have money to invest in some acrylics! The black blob at the bottom is an opened up trash bag that I can use to protect the floor if I need to!

Across from the drawing and painting table is my beading table (round table under window)

I have all my beads at Hilda's, but I want to always have a project on there for inspiration! 

Next I will show you some of the shelf space i've used so far
This is my paper shelf, featuring: magazines (for collages), construction/colorful paper, shrinky dink paper, coloring books, and any other kind of paper I will need to use. The left is reserved for "archives" (past pictures that either I drew, or were drawn for me) 

This is my fabric shelf. I am really bad about hoarding old fabric. Drawers feature cut out designs from band t-shirts (all i wore in highschool) old tights with a cool print, travel sewing machine, and even a bag of fluff for pillows or teddy bears!
which brings me to my favorite part...



my moms (aka mine now MINE) sewing machineeeeeee



So now I get to go to bed in a bit so I can wake up to drive 2 hours to Hilda's and pack my whole room up. Then I get to drive home for 2 hours and unpack woohooo!! 
For what it's worth
I don't think that I'll be unpacking much, I want to focus on my crafts so I don't want too much out to distract me. What will distract me you ask?
1. finding a job
2. being tired (already feeling it from rearranging)
3. video games (been DYING to catch up on bioshock all year)
4. reading (i love to read, i miss it!) 
But maybe if I get enough people to read this blog and buy stuff I can be pressured into keeping up with it! Tell your friends if you enjoy it! Thanks for reading!



1 comment:

  1. Wooooah so different and Organized ! Im excited for you

    ReplyDelete