Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Spool cap for Sewing Machine

So My brother and I spent over an hour job hunting today and on our journey we ended up at a local sewing store. As I waited to get an application I thought Wait a second, this is exactly where I need to be!! The woman who runs the store keeps parts from sewing machines that are beyond repair and resells them to people who need them! The spool cap cost me $7.32. It turned out that this was not overpriced as I had imagined, so I was really happy I had a store so close by to get me


Right after we got home I started sewing a collage handbag project for stacey that I started a long time ago, but couldn't finish because all I had was my dinky hand sewing machine. [Note that for this project, I used the spray lacquer sealer (from my shoe painting project) around the edges so that they won't rip or fray (this project is actually pretty durable without the lacquer, but i'm paranoid so I did it anyways.)] Anyways, before I started sewing I wanted to test my machine on fabric, so I grabbed an old shirt from my fabric pile. And ended altered my qbert shirt from mod cloth 







No comments:

Post a Comment