Thursday, May 19, 2011

No more spending, time to make money!

So far i've spent $51 on this blog/selling art project. $50  is all i'm willing to spend on this project (maybe i'll spend more when I find more work, but probably not) I feel that the I have made good investments though. The only display piece that I splurged on was the bracelet display from ebay. Here were my choices
         
about 7 from Michaels                                 I won for $13 on ebay


I think that the hand display unique in it's elegance and will make my bracelets look more delicate.  The bar one I might invest in if I end up selling at the Mansfield Flee Market this summer.


I also feel obligated to show my botched converses that I painted since I spent so much time on them
1. I was rushing more (I got frustrated with the coarseness of the material and the multiple layers)
2. I wasn't in love with the colors (that and white were all that the kit had)
3. I didn't have thin enough paint brushes (so I couldn't make nice neat little designs to look more professional)





They were in pretty bad condition anyways, so I didn't feel bad calling it a fluke and buying a new pair of sneakers. My new sneakers I'm not in love with either (they're more my sister's style actually!) but they were only $13 and look nice and fit well. 



The print is really cute, but kind of plain for my style, so I want to take my white acrylic paint and put some little design on outer sides. I think I am going to get a thinner paint brush and do a henna-inspired design:

Awesome, I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment