Saturday, May 14, 2011

About my projects

Inspiration

Essential Materials I have
  • sewing machine
  • wire: beading wire and 20 g wire
  • TONS OF PONY BEADS
  • tons of seed beads
  • glass beads
  • shrinky dink paper
  • friendy plastics
  • stretch string
  • earring hooks
  • super glue
  • scizzors
  • embelishment stuff
  • fine point sharpies (just a few bright colors)
  • colored pencils
  • the internet
These are not the only supplies that I have, just the ones I feel are important in making the kinds of projects I like. I'm a fan of art you can use, (clothes altering, jewelery, decorating things) I also know how to knit and crochet a bit. 

Heres my wishlist:
  • casting resin!!!!! it's really good for giving things a glassy look and for making them more durable
  • yellow glass beads: I have tons of yellow seed beads but most of my glass beads are blue/ tourquoise, I would love to have different colored beads
  • Acrylic paints/ paintbrushes: for this!!!
  • necklace clasps
  • black velvet hand style bracelet display and black velvet neck form necklace display
  • metal beads 
I'm sure there is a bunch more stuff that I dream about, but right now thats all I can think of! I'm pretty fortunate to have what I do right now though and i'm really into recycling old materials and making the most of what you have! I also have a bunch of stuff that I've wanted to use but i'm not sure what I can do with them! 

What to do, what to do with:
  • soda tabs!!
  • friendly plastics
  • old pajama pants (they're hello kitty and I can't bear to part with that fabric!)
If you have any ideas please let me know and you just may get a shout out on my blog!

Anyways here's the exciting stuff: Pictures of projects i've done lately! (like today and yesterday haha)
Old knee socks armwarmers inspired by inspired by salinabear





Beads made out of pages from thinkgeek (coated in clear nailpolish) 


I've been at this blog thing for about 2 hours now so it's time for me to sign off (for applying for jobs and making more of those beads of course!!!!) 

Thanks for reading!!!
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment